Sunday, March 30, 2008

Saturday Night Challenge & a bonus Layout...

...or I can just name it " Junk Mail can be inspiring".




As I was sorting through yesterdays mail this morning I came across a flyer for a local furniture store...it was a Tri-fold card! So this afternoon I headed up to my scraproom and whipped out this little baby....









So there it is my entry for this week's Saturday Night Challenge. I think I met all the criteria...it is a tri-fold and is a "Spring" theme (I was real original on that) <lol>.

I started with white Bazzill cardstock that I cut to 4 3/4 x 12". I then found a scrap of Creative Cafe paper and matching pink Bazzill that I cut 4 3/4 x 5". On one end of each piece I cut scallops. I adhered these together letting the pink stick out about 1/8" on the scallop end. I scored these so I had a 2 3/4" flap on front and adhered the back piece to one end of the white cardstock(which I had already scored in half). Inside I stamped "Happy Spring" using a Wordsworth acrylic stamp for "Happy" and MM foam stamps for "Spring". The inks were Cats eye inks by Colorbox...Tangerine & Moss Green. I placed a few Creative Cafe floral rubons around the inside. On the front I placed a chipboard flower from Creative Cafe that I accented with my white signo pen and some Kaiser pearls.



Now for the bonus layout....





I was going for the a soft tranquil feeling to go with the massage theme (my monthly indulgence to myself). To achieve this I used a piece of the Hambly Transparency & Webster's Pages paper (Feather your Nest Collection...Robins Nest) that I picked up recently at the Scrapbook Cafe. The Webster's paper was great since it was doublesided...the lined on one side and a really great floral on the other. This is where I went crazy with my xacto knife and cut out some of the branches w/flowers. (Yes I can be a glutant for punishment :wink:) Anyway once I had this done I decided to pull some Primas out of my stash to give the branches more dimension. The letters were some leftover brown foam Thickers and Scenic Route stickers from other projects. Not my usual colors...I'm usually a little bolder, but it conveys the feeling I was looking for.

Vacation is officially over for me as of today...tomorrow it's back to the 9-5...ugh!

8 comments:

Corina said...

Super cute card, and that layout is beautiful!!

Sarah said...

So, I got as far as *looking* at the challenge last night, which is a step up from last week. But with painting all weekend, I just can't lift my arms right now. :) But yours came out great! And I love the LO ... so pretty. I grabbed some of the Websters papers from a LSS here, but have yet to use them. I'd kill for some of that transparency, though. :)

And what is funny... that I can tell you now ... is that, for the SWTS contest, when I think of you, I think of intricate cut work. :) So it totally doesn't surprise me that you cut those branches out.

Susan said...

Love it! I sat down twice yesterday to work on the challenge but not being much of a card maker...sometimes I make them but I NEVER send them, I think I've officially decided to for go this weeks challenge! Besides, I can't seem to follow all the directions! LOL!!!

NoraAnne said...

Great card Jen! So pretty, and I love your layout. Me and my Xacto have become good friends lately, I just love that look!
Hopefully I will have time tonight to make a card for the challenge, it has been fun taking part.

Anonymous said...

Love the card! And I think you succeeded in making a tranquil layout!

Lisa Cole said...

Oooh, very zen... love this layout - and your card is great! I'm *so* going to copy that :)

NoraAnne said...

Congrats on winning Jen! Your card is so cute : )

Susie Chadwick said...

That card is so adorable!