Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just a few hours of the weekend left...

...and I'm still catching up on household chores, but I'm done activities! I got home from the birthday party and went straight to my scraproom for a little "me" time. :wink:

This altered container went together really fast. I've had this container for at least a year. When I used the last match from it I thought it would be a cool container to alter; but since I'm not much of an "alterer" it has just been sitting around collecting dust. Thanks for the push to use it Pat!
I used pattern papers from Imanginisce's "For Peeps Sake" line available at the Scrapbook Cafe . Love these since they are doublesided and have a bit of shimmer to them.
The canister is covered with "Drapin Daisies" using the reverse for the top of the canister. I then cut out the little circles from the "Spring Fling" pattern paper and adhered them to the top.
Stamping a tag with spring like Colorbox inks and adding a Kaiser wood bloom accents the canister. I then added some green & white ribbon from my stash.
The lucky recipient will find a canister filled with jellybeans and a chocolate pop on the outside.
Don't you just love those little chicks at the bottom? Becca thought they'd make a great accent to the picture. We found these at Michael's today and are going to add them to the eggs she'll be giving out at her class party.
Have a great week everybody....
....so glad I found time to do the challenge!

2 comments:

Corina said...

That looks so neat! Love those chickies too! hehe!

Susan said...

ADORABLE! Oh I hope I'm the lucky recipient of the container with jelly beans and chocolate lollie! LOL! Just kidding!!