Saturday, March 22, 2008

The bunny came to the beach









The Easter bunny came to the beach today!




I was really not planning on going...OC does a nice job planning events like this, but then thousands of people flock to the island (for my local friends reading aka it becomes a "shoobie" trap) Before I go any further with my story for an early Easter with "ify" weather...the isalnd is hopping (no pun intended). Anyway at soccer this morning another mother and I decided the girls might have fun and that we'd go.


Hey 50,000 candy filled eggs and another 4,000 eggs filled with prizes...sounds tempting doesn't it? So we ventured in (along with a couple of thousand other people). All this was divided into a 3 block stretch of beach, with different areas roped off for differing age groups.


We found our section on the beach and waited...thru a brief sleet & snow mixture. Now this leads me to another issue...Why I ask you do people who come to the shore on vacation insist on wearing flipflops and shorts even when the weather is MISERABLE? Well yes the girls got candy in their eggs, some tickets for the upcoming season at the amusement piers and they each won a prize from a merchant on the boardwalk. B won a small box of Saltwater Taffy and her friend still has to redeem her gift coupon. So all in all we had a good time...despite the weather conditions. On the way home the girls asked if they could do it again next year, but unfortunately her friends father is getting transfered to another church this summer. :(






So there wasn't any scrappiness today from me; however, in between soccer and the egg hunt I did get a little creative in the kitchen. I saw this recipe the other day when I was trying to decided what to bring to the Easter dinner. Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake...it sounded interesting and other than the long baking time associated with most cheesecakes, it didn't appear to be too complicated. Here's what it looks like.....







....now I just have to wait until tomorrow to see if it tastes as good as it looks!



To night is Saturday Night so it's challenge time...hop over to Pat's blog at 8pm to check it out.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Spill it, sister! How was that divine looking cheesecake?

I was giggling about people insisting on wearing shorts and flip flops to the beach even when the weather is awful... :)

Sarah said...

Oh, I love that picture of the eggs on the beach!

Lisa Cole said...

oh my, that looks divine!