Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where did the weekend go?

It seemed like I was just giving thanks for it being Friday and here it is Sunday night already!

Had a pretty busy weekend planned...lot's on the "to do list" and had a fundraiser for the U14 girls soccer team on Saturday night (they are playing in Spain this summer)...was nice to get out and have a fun night with the adults.

On Thursday I received the "Cherished" kit from Coordinates Collections in the mail. With this kit we are trying something new...it doesn't have an alpha!


After polling the members we decided that we would drop an alpha from a kit once in a while in order to put more "product" in the kit. This kit has a fabulous vintagey/victorian feel to it. Loads of new product from Prima, Scribble Scrabble & Jenni Bowlin to name a few. I am not a "vintagey" type scrapper so this is really making me step out of my box. However with a little bit of thought I think I can make it work for any type of layout. I managed to get one layout done this weekend and I am "chewing" on another idea or two.

Here's a little peek at what I got done...


This is a look at several layered scrolls. The top scroll is actually a Donna Downey iron-on which I picked up in the CC store. I ironed it onto a piece of pattern paper from the kit and then cut it out. The two other scrolls are cut from the same doublesided pattern paper.

Stay tuned for more later...off to do another load of laundry!

3 comments:

Marielle said...

s looks imncredible Jenn,can't wait to see it all !!!

scrappysue said...

What a beautiful kit, I imagine making a mini album about my Grandmother's with it. CC sure does have the best kits. Love the peek of your LO Jen.

I feel the same way about half term. One moment I was looking forward to 10 days at home, the next we are struggling to get up at 6am again, ugh!

KimberlyM said...

As always, I am left speechless by your sctuff. I shouldn't have looked because now the project on *my* table looks rather boring! Can't wait to see what else you come up with! :D