Sunday, February 14, 2010

Recharging

Yes, I've been absent from my blog and really not spending much time on the computer this week (insert gasp/look of shock). Instead I've been recharging/playing. How you may ask??? Well the recent series of snowstorms has kept me close to home and I decided to finish reading the book I started on the plane trip home from California. It was good...it was set in a Welsh Village approx 1950's...once I got into the way the Welsh "speak" it was a good read..."The Earth Hums in B flat"
I haven't read in so long probably due to the fact I needed glasses :wink:

When I felt like being creative I just played. Not really working on a project...just playing with products & techniques that I want to incorporate into future projects.

Here's a little look at something I was playing with earlier this week...



I got these 2 color samples at CHA (Tattered Angels Glimmer Mists) and had picked up these tree stencils a few months ago. I wanted to get a feel for the colors and try out the stencils. Now that I played I have a little scrap of paper with an idea all sketched out. Just have to wait for a few things to come in the mail :wink: Speaking of little scraps of paper I've sketched out a few ideas for some layouts...now I just need to get them done.

I really enjoyed "playing" with some of my supplies this week. I feel creatively "recharged" and ready to dive into some new projects. I think tomorrow may be the day!

Enjoy your Valentine's Day with those that you care about and maybe you can indulge in a decadent piece or two of chocolate!

1 comment:

Lisa Cole said...

Wow Jen, how beautiful! I recognized those colors right away - I can't wait to try those stencils/masks now.