Sunday, February 28, 2010

Busy, productive weekend

Taking advantage of one of my last free weekends...soccer will soon be starting up for the spring season.

Yesterday morning busy running errands and doing some grocery shopping. While out and about I stopped in at a crop that Paperwings was vending at (formerly the Scrapbook Cafe). Nora brought my DT kit with her so I was able to pick it up...just a 5 minute drive as opposed to a 40 minute drive! Happy to say I got some fun new product from Bella Blvd & some trims from Websters Pages to work with...stay tuned for those projects in an upcoming post.

I was able to finish up all my projects for Coordinates Collections this weekend! Now just have to write my "blurbs" and send off the emails. I was able to get 3 layouts done and a card! Here's a peek at one of the layouts...


Lots of "fussy-cutting" on this one for sure!

So after I finished up my projects from the kit I started working on the canvas page Jamie sent me. If you were fortunate enough to get the "Charmed" kit before it sold out you will be getting a canvas album page with your kit...it doesn't come with the "Cherished" kit :sorry: (It is roughly 6 1/2 x 7" and is a refill page for one of Donna Downey's canvas albums) There are so many different things you can do with this...Lisa mentions a few ideas in her kit preview videos)

Here's my canvas with the first layer of color misted on it...

Then the much talked about iron on (gosh I love this tree!)....

If you noticed the background color looks a bit different, that's because I misted my page with water and let dry before applying the iron on. Oh, do you see that little snail? He was stamped on to the page with black Stazon ink.

Well that's all I'm going to show you for now.

I believe we are again shooting for the 5th of March as preview day on the Coordinates Collections site.

2 comments:

scrappysue said...

Oooh, I LOVE that canvas page Jen, can't wait to see the finished result. I have the canvas album, still sitting unused; never thought about getting the iron ons, even easier than sewing. Oh but then I would have to iron, darn, LOL!

Lisa Cole said...

Oh for crying out loud... I just looked at this blog post and wouldn't you know I am using the SAME iron-on on my canvas positioned that SAME way... :) Diff colors, but stillllll..... :)