Sunday, February 7, 2010

brrr...it's cold out

It may be cold, but there was sunshine! No more snow until Tuesday.

I couldn't believe these icicles outside my window this afternoon! Some are 2-3ft in length! To get this picture I actually threw open the window and leaned out...this picture really doesn't do it justice. It took me nearly 45 minutes to clean off my car this morning, so we didn't make it to church. Fritz spent close to half the day outside enjoying the snow...it was truly a beautiful day( a bit cold though)

Yesterday was a different story...it was just plain nasty. We did end up losing power for about 45 minutes...we fared much better than most people. A few pictures from yesterday (Dan remembered to take some pictures for me while on patrol)...


This is 20th Street approaching the boardwalk/beach. (Love the water spot on the lens :wink:)

This is 14th & the boardwalk looking out at the Fishing Pier...no that's not the moon, it's a snowflake.

This is 11th & boardwalk facing north.

So I did have time to scrap with the BG layout kit we got a CHA. The original projects are designed by Layle Koncar. I really didn't deviate much since the product supplied was very limited.

This is a layout in memory of "Riley" whom we lost just last week. It is using the papers from the Max & Whiskers line.

This layout uses papers from the Kioshi line. It is mainly pastels mixed with a rich dark brown.

Well that's all I have for now. Need to go back and proof this...I'm trying to type and watch the Super Bowl. This post has taken twice as long as it should.

Kids are excited school is on a 2 hour delay tomorrow.

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

Great photos Jen and great LO's too. And I was complaining about it being cloudy yesterday; some of us just don't know when we have got it good!!!