So today I put some of this past weeks playing to work. It felt really good to get "creative" on my layout today. Look at this detail...
Now first off I'd like to apologize for the lighting...still working on what type of lights I want to have in the scraproom and most of the time I take my shots outside or in natural light (that wasn't happening today). Anyway used some handstitching and embossing powders. Nothing really new, but not things I do on a regular basis. Though I had so much fun with the handstitching and like the look it gave my layout...you may see it more often.
I never like the look of my swirls when I draw them free-hand...so I cheated today. I used a digital brush (this is from the Chick Pea Swirls set by Rhonna Farrer...available at 2ps) It was close to what I had in mind, so I printed it on plain paper in the size I wanted. I added an additional "swirl" on the end with a pencil. I cut the paper into a smaller size to fit on my layout, positioned it where I wanted to stitch and pierced holes along the lines that I wanted to stitch.
After removing the paper I began stitching with embroidery floss.
The snowflakes I printed out from my computer onto the back of the pattern paper, then cut by hand. I lightly outlined the edges with pen to give more definition, then coated all over with several coats of clear embossing powder, then I added some silver embossing powder...allowing some of the clear areas to show.
Here is the final result..
Jillibean Soup: pattern paper "sesame oil" from the Egg Drop Soup Collection, journaling & number sprouts, alphabeans, & those fabulous corrugated alphas.
clear & silver embossing powder
embroidery floss & brown pen.
So that's what I accomplished this afternoon. Tomorrow it's back to the paying job :wink: