Monday, January 19, 2009

The end of the 3day weekend

Yesterday we went to a friends to watch football and when we left it was a sleet/snow mix. We awoke today to about 1" of snow and it proceeded to snow off and on all day (very lightly...no more than about 2" altogether) Luckily for us all we were all home to enjoy. The kids were outside before they even had breakfast!





With only a small amount of snow...you get small snowmen!


So I finished up all the laundry, submitted my DT projects, and since one of my projects turned into a gift I made a tag for the present. While coming up with my tag design I decided to incorporate Heather's Friday Spark. Since meeting Heather last winter at CHA I hop over to her blog every once in a while...her Friday Spark's always look like fun but I've never played before.

Here's a picture of the wrapped present...just got to take it to the post office tomorrow or wednesday.


and a closeup of the tag...




The spark was to cut out a stamped image and use it on a project. Well you all know how I love my cutwork (haven't been doing much lately) Here I stamped 3 little birds (using the A Muse "tiny bird" stamp) I flocked their bodies in pink and glittered the little beeks orange. Love the Sakura glue pen for this small detail work. After cutting them out I adhered to my tag with pop dots. The striped pattern paper is Bella Blvd, cardstock: Bazzill; Flower: Making Memories; Fiskars Theading Water punch and American Crafts Precision pen.

Talk later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such an adorable tag!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Jen! So glad you were able to play along!

I'm heading to CHA on Friday ... can hardly believe it's been a year already.

Melissa Bove said...

Very cute tag! Love it!

I saw your blog on the Scrapbook Cafe web page. I go there every once in a while! I live in Whiting. Love your fun projects!!

Hugs, Melissa
http://keepsakesbymelissa.blogspot.com/

Glenda J said...

So Cute!!! Love the colours.