Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

It all started last night....


when Santa made an early appearence on the fire truck...giving out the 1st present of the night. Everyone seemed quite pleased with the first gift. We then had some homemade Canadian Cheddar Cheese soup, salad, and warm pumpernickle bread.



Afterwards I prepared a breakfast casserole while the kids either played or tracked Santa's progress on the computer. We awoke this morning at 7:15am and got busy opening the gifts.



Everyone was quite pleased with what they found under the tree. Oh, remember those strips of fabric I had to cut earlier this month???? Well here is the present.






This is one of the gifts I found under the tree. Someone was quite proud of her creation. It's now hanging in the kitchen. LOVE it!



This afternoon has been peaceful...everyone busy playing with their goodies. Even DH...he got a Zune...so he's busy downloading music/videos.



I figured while I had the turkey in the oven I'd take the time to update the blog. I even have a few more pages of the December Daily to share.




The back of "14" with that totally YUMMY picture of our baking day. Scenic Route Stickers & Heidi Swapp journaling spot were used. Page "15" is a 6 1/2 x 6 1/2 " digital page adhered to an acrylic page. I stole this idea to document some of my favorites directly from Ali's book.



Here's the back of "15". I used the digital template by Jessica Sprague that you can download from the January issue of CK. I just resized the template before I used it so it would fit my page.(By resizing it, the circle element became an oval...kinda like it that way). I plugged pictures into all the boxes and then added digital elements (tree by Katie Periet...Designer Digitals) and some journaling. "16" is the Jenni Bowlin card with Kaiser rginestones placed around the date.



On the back I used a bunch of Scenic Route...stickers & pattern paper. a small strip of cardstock punched with the threading water punch, and then my picture.


So there you have it for now...hope you are all having a great holiday.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Merry Christmas, Jen! Seems like it was a great day for all of you - wishes for more of the same in 2009!