Saturday, November 22, 2008

The week in review...

well I've taken a few pictures during the week, my intentions were to blog about them as they happened. That didn't happen....so I'm warning you this may be a bit long.

First our dog went to the groomers on monday. Some of you may know or have atleast seen pictures of our some what hyper/overly protective belgian sheepdog. Normally, he has a very thick furcoat approximatley 4" long. All fall he has been "blowing" coat like crazy. Me, the vacum, and the swiffer mop could hardly keep up. Then he spent a week at the kennel while we were away. This now became a stinky/hairy/matted mess. So when he got dropped off, the groomer looked him over and said she'd probably have to go "pretty short".

Well short it went...I think we only got half our dog back.



I now call him my Belgian Deerdog...I think he looks like a black deer, minus the antlers.

Okay now on to the next picture and story. My rant won't be as long because I've now completed the task and my carpal tunnel is back to "normal" Well last friday B comes home with a note from teacher. "The children are making your holiday gifts this year, we need you to buy 1 1/2 yards of fabric. Holiday print or colors of your choice. To help out the children please cut said fabric into 6"x 1" strips with "pinking" shears to prevent fraying." Now don't get me wrong, I'm always willing to helpout and always send stuff in. But, this was obnoxious. I cut and cut and cut. My carpal tunnel was killing me ( I had it really bad several years ago, had the old EMG test to see how much damage. It was borderline surgery, so we decided to not do the surgery and I slowly regained strength back...okay SO off subject) So after a couple nights of cutting. It's finally finished. Here's a picture from the last night of cutting:



I divided the fabric up into manageable pieces, then drew lines on the back side for cutting. It was quite the "task". I think I know what they are making so I picked colors that will look nice in the house.

So then Thursday was our 15th wedding anniversary. We didn't do anything special. Our gift to ourselves will be a getaway in January. Dan is going to meet me in CA at the end of CHA. We're going to spend a few days in sunny Southern California together. While his Mom stays with the kids for us. I did get these beautiful roses delivered to me at work.






Last night I went to another jewelry party. I actually bought a few gifts and got something for myself. I've been doing a little internet shopping for the holidays too. I hate venturing out into the crowded stores this time of year.


It's very cold here and WINDY!!! I'm SO glad soccer is over until the spring. I actually slept in...8am woohoo! After morning coffee and the paper I headed up to scrap. Got all my projects done for Coordinates Collections. (I may go post a new sneak peek over on the MB a little later)
I just have to write the blurbs for the newsletter.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to get started on my December Daily album. Here's the acrylic album I picked up at the Scrapbook Cafe last weekend.







I'm going to use it as my base. (It's only 5 pages) I plan on adding in some chipboard pages, transparencies, and whatever else strikes my fancy. If I make any headway I'll try to post a picture.

If you are still reading, sorry for the long post. I just didn't feel like typing this week especially after doing all that cutting.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Oh my - that fabric project does sound a little excessive...

On a happy note, guess who just got around to the Oct issue of one of those scrapbook magazines (it was either SS or SBetc) and saw your Sheets LO? :)