Sunday, November 30, 2008

Finished it

Well, last night I finished up my December Daily album (just in the nick of time). Well actually it's just the pages. Like some other people I know, I decided to hold off on the numbering. I did number the first two pages, before I had this revelation. I also have to buy some bigger binder rings...it's a little thick and the pages are having trouble turning. So I guess you'd like a little glimpse?






Here's a shot of page 1 & 2. For #1 I traced a bracket shape on some cardboard then just applied some acrylic paint, stamped the dotted circle and used a glittered Thicker. #2 is green chipboard(Creative Cafe) with some Scenic Route Xmas stickers and American Crafts letter stickers.





And I put that felt pocket (Creative Cafe) to good use turning it into a pocket page. With the assistance of my Cropodile I punched two holes, then set eyelets. I stamped on a plain white tag, attached ribbon and a Fancy Pants pin; then adhered the tag to the front of the pocket. For the inside I cut 2 tags. The idea for this page is to have the kids write their top Christmas "items" that they are requesting from Santa. (I really like how this page turned out)

In the background you can see how I stamped snowflakes (Basic Grey stamps) all over one of the acrylic pages.



And here's one more page. For this one I cut 2 squares of the felt. Stitched them together(back to back) and then I stitched the small red tag in the upper right corner.

So now you have a general idea of what my book looks like. I'll try to post updates as I go along.

Enjoy your Sunday...it's a wet rainy day here in New Jersey.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Love it, of course! :) I did place my order last night. They had free shipping on $50, so I broke down and bought another AC album, too - all of mine are full right now. Ooooh, I ordered some of the Bazzill swiss dot cardstock too, and a sheet of the doodlebug sparkle paper...

Anonymous said...

Oh I love that little felt red pocket the best too! What a great idea for the lists! My album isn't nearly as detailed as yours... I'm salivating over yours :)
Lisa

Beth said...

Rainy, cold, and miserable day here, too. I'm curled up on the couch with a big brown dog. :)

Your album is beautiful. I love all the special little touches you put in it - the stitching, fabric, etc. Can't wait to see some pictures in it. Have fun filling it!