Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's preview day

Here are my 2 favorite layouts I did with the Sunny Days kit over at Coordinates Collections.




"Butterfly House" This layout was totally inspired by one of the sheets of Rusty Pickle Pattern Paper included in the kit. When I saw the paper I remembered I had these pictures from Epcot. On one side was black with a white butterfly on the lower half. The other side had black & white doodled circle with images of butterflies inside the circles. I chose an image close to my picture, cut it out, then colored it to match my picture with colored pencils. I even broke out my Quickutz "studio" font to cut the word "butterfly". With the exception of the white cardstock and the American Crafts "Purkey" rubons it was all from the kit.


Now the next layout centers around another sheet of that great Black & White Pattern Paper from Rusty Pickle. I remember seeing it the 1st day at CHA when I was walking around with Jamie & Lisa. We talked about putting it in a kit and at the time I started thinking of all kinds of fun things you could do with it. Well then I forgot all about the paper and didn't know if Jamie ever ordered any. How happy I was to see it in this kit. So what did I do with it?

Oh I had to blur the photo because I don't like posting other peoples kids on the net...it actually is a good picture that Becca took herself now that I let her use the point&shoot.






I FLOCKED! I totally loved the "doodley" design on this, but thought it would be too much to color it all in and decided to just flock a few. I had bought a small package of flock at the Scrapbook Cafe back in April ( I think it was by Around the Block?)) and it's been sitting in my scraproom ever since. Now that I have flocked, I'm hooked and have ordered some more flocks...going to try some of the "Doodlebug" flocks this time.

If you are interested in seeing some flocking in action my friend Lisa (aka the "Doodlebug Queen") has made a little demo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4OdHpG6eQQ

Now isn't she such the enabler? A few of my scrappy habits have been fueled by her enabling. :wink: Lisa if you are reading you really need to start blogging!

No comments: