Friday, February 25, 2011

It's been a sad week

I have neglected most all my projects this week. I just didn't have the heart. A dear scrappy friend and fellow DT member, Kimberly Madrid, lost her son Monday night after a long battle with cancer...he was just 7...way to soon. Today was his funeral and Texas is too far, but I was there in spirit. Red was Ryan's favorite color and she asked that those attending would wear red. Many of us at CC honored her wishes and wore red today and posted in our galleries.

Rest in Peace Ryan.

2 comments:

scrappysue said...

I agree Jen, it really was just too heartbreaking for words. I don't have any red clothes, but I wore a red ribbon with white hearts on it in my hair all day.

Colleen and Nora Anne said...

Hoping your friend finds comfort during this difficult time. She will be in my prayers. xx-Colleen