Saturday, February 19, 2011

Finally getting creative...

Well really it's my own fault...I went to the bookstore again!
I've read two books this month..."The House at Riverton" by Kate Morton (this I started on the plane ride to/from CHA) and then this week I read "the Year of the Fog" by Michelle Richmond. Both very different from each other, but also very good. So since I finished up the latter last night I began playing around today.

First I did a little watercolor to go with a poem a friends father wrote. He's very creative (with words) and was thinking he wanted to submit it for a card and asked me to do an illustration. So I painted the first thing that came to mind after reading the poem. I've had the poem for a few weeks...so I needed to get it done.

Another friend also asked me to do an album and that is sitting in the corner staring at me, but I needed to break in to my "Party Time" kit from Coordinates Collections! I've printed a few pictures and started messing around with the little Maya Road chipboard album included in the kit. So far I've primed the front & back covers and a few of the inner pages with some white acrylic paint, then I played a bit with the Jenni Bowlin "Paint Dabber" that comes in the kit on two of the pages. In my kit I got the light blue paint.."soap powder"...isn't that a pretty name?
This is what I came up with...I simply "dabbed" the acrylic paint on the white pages making little rows of imperfect circles. After the paint dried I lightly sanded, to smooth down any uneven paint ridges, and then I outlined the circles with a fine-point black Sharpie. How fun and easy! I also picked up another dabber in the CC store in orange, it's called "chicken feed". The colors are absolutely perfect with this kit.

I also finally got pictures of my January PCC page and uploaded it to my gallery. On Friday I will be posting on the CC blog about it.

Maybe on Monday I'll have a few more peeks to share.

1 comment:

adele holcomb said...

Love those outlined dabber circles!