Friday, November 5, 2010

Reveal Day

It's reveal day over at Coordinates Collections! I love this day...I can finally show off my projects and I get to see what my fellow designers did with their kits. Love how each of us can interpret the same kit in totally different ways and this month is the first time that our new team is all showing their work.

This month I was assigned the Festive Feast kit, but I also bought the Just Dessert kit too. Two totally different kits...but oh so fun! And the addons for each...let's just say my box was overflowing this month. Oh yeah I did show you a picture didn't I?

Anyway here is my favorite layout from the Fancy Feast kit....

"Delicious" is all about my LOVE for the pumpkin cake my friend makes at her family's restaurant. I use to get upset with her for not sharing the recipe...but now I realize I'm better off not having it ;) Everything on this page is from the kit except for the Jillibean canvas flowers & the buttons. I used that water/crumpling technique to distress the blue paper....wetting the paper makes it so much more pliable and you can manipulate it into the shape you want and let it dry.

Then I didn't have much time to play with the Just Dessert kit, but I did get one done...

Here I used the diecut My Minds Eye paper, Lost & Found diecuts & brads, and the Parisian Anthology tickets that were included in the kit. To this I also used Prima flowers (craftable & sweet taffy), Lost & Found trims and stamps from the Parisian Anthology line. Oh the inks I used were Distress Inks in Broken China & Weathered Wood. Not my "usual" style, but I do like how it turned out and this kit was SO made for those ballet pictures.

Tomorrow my post will be on the CC blog...it will go into a little more detail on my Festive Feast projects.

Soccer tomorrow & on Sunday. I got a shipping notice today that my December kit is on the way! Have you seen the kits yet? You can check out the previews here....I'm getting Frosty Porch. Also have something else coming in that box too, we'll talk more about that later on my personal blog and over at CC. (Here's a hint: PCC)

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

Awesome LO's as ever Jen, and your daughter looks so lovely in the ballet photos! Have a great weekend!