Tuesday, November 16, 2010

{fall welcome wreath}

This is what some of those supplies pictured in the last post turned into...

It is now hanging on my front door until I replace it with a fresh green wreath for Christmas.
Hmmm....maybe my next "creative post" can be how to embellish a Christmas wreath??? (well maybe if I can't come up with any other ideas) Anyway if you want my blow-by-blow instructions you can find them on my post on the CC blog today.

So recap of the weekend... had dinner at the Melting Pot (the whole fondue concept has been intriguing me for some time now) We picked one of the 4 course dinners for 2 of their menu and it was truly scrumptious. Since this restaurant is located right on the edge of the outlet shopping area of Atlantic City, I can for see stopping in after shopping and maybe just ordering the cheese fondue or one of the dessert fondues as a little after shopping treat. (Of course this is something I can only dream of right now...since the luxury of having a day to putter around some shops is not in my immediate future) Boardwalk Hall (where they use to hold the Miss America Pagent) was only 3 blocks away it was a nice walk to and from their parking venue to the restaurant. Once inside Boardwalk Hall we found our seats (truly bot a bad seat in the house) and waited a few minutes for the opening act. On this tour Rodney Adkins opened and played for an hour and then Toby Keith put on a show for approx 2 hours. AWESOME!

Saturday was a 2 hour ride up to Trenton (well just outside) for Becca's game...it ended up being a 1-1 tie, but probably should have been a win for us. Sunday we had Fritz's game (only a 50 minute ride) and they won 2-1. This win secured them a first place in their flight in the SJSL, but they better win next week anyway :wink:. Afterwards we stopped for an early dinner/late lunch at PF Changs.

One more weekend of soccer and then we can start gearing up for the holidays, but we do have a little vacation to Disney coming up soon...can't wait.

2 comments:

Lisa Cole said...

Can you make one for my house too? :) That's how much I love it :)

scrappysue said...

Jen, the wreath is totally adorable! Glad you had an enjoyable weekend: the melting pot sounds scrummy. I am always the first at the chocolate fountain, LOL!