Friday, November 26, 2010

Frosty Porch in progress...

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to everyone! We woke up yesterday to a "frosty" porch here in southern NJ. Had a some sleet coming down for a bit. While watching the Thanksgiving Parade in Philadelphia it snowed for a bit, so we are finally getting a bit of that winter storm that all my friends out west have already experienced. Thankfully it didn't last long and we headed up to PA to have dinner at my Dad's house. Lot's of delicious food...YUM and I can happily say that I did not over indulge, but I'm still glad I went to 2 classes with my trainer already this week :wink:

Anyway I was feeling the pressure because this has been sitting on my scrap table all month...unopened!!!

This is the December "Frosty Porch" kit from Coordinates Collections. Fun papers from Basic Grey & Crate Paper, some Pink Paislee Cushie Alphas, BG rubons & Woolies! So I absolutely love everything in this kit...but had no ideas or time to work with it until today. Right now I have 2 projects started and ideas for a few others floating in my head.

First peek is of this little project...

It's now pushed off to the side drying...some papers and mists have been added since I took this picture. Then I had one of those cute little woolie snowmen, but it just didn't have the look I wanted for my next project...so a little altering was in order.


Here I removed the "ugly" (well it just wasn't working for what I have in mind) hat and created a new hat out of pink paper and a floral rhinestone...much better. Then I wanted my snow lady to have a pair of angel wings...hmmm? It just so happens that the Crate chipboard sheet from the "School Spirit" collection had a pair (this was an addon in October). Isn't she adorable?

So that's where I'm at right now. I certainly will get the one project finished up tonight and I plan on cranking out some more in the next 2 days.

No shopping for me today, but I have picked up a few things over the internet in the last week so I have at least started.

No comments: