Wednesday, August 26, 2009

{in progress}

I am creating wall art this week for Becca's new room and it is a work in progress.

Here's a picture of my kitchen table right now (good thing I'm home alone)



If you look across the table you will see the pillowcase that I am using for my inspiration. The walls in her room are the medium shade of pink from the pillow case. The trim and all furniture is white. Her comforter is the dark shade of pink and reverses to orange and her sheet sets are either striped or polka dot (I bought extra set of the polka dot to recover a chair in her room (a winter project for sure))

So I started my project with 2 18x20" canvases. I then began to layout circles on the canvases in pencil. (Since I am going to hang side by side I thought it would be fun to overlap the circles across both canvases) While browsing thru AC Moore I saw packages of little round mirrors in different sizes...why not add some bling to the canvas??? I also picked up some smaller colored rhinestone/crystals (not sure if I am going to use them)

Right now I am roughly blocking in colors and deciding where to position the mirrors.
Here's a closer view...



(that's a bit of shadow from the light hanging above the table...sorry)

So I'm a creating while listening to the baseball game.

Hope all is well with everyone!

2 comments:

Lisa Cole said...

dang you are the best creative mom ever! How'd you get such perfect little circles? LOVE this! p.s. Emma has polka dots in her room too :) Of course :)

scrappysue said...

Super cute Jen! I am sure Holly would love one of these since she has just abandoned the Hannah Montana bedcover for her old pink and lilac polka dots one!