Thursday, May 21, 2009

{Butterflies}

So I'm still working with the fabulous "Caribbean Breeze" kit over at Coordinates Collections. In the kit is this great piece of paper from Jillibean Soup...



"fresh raspberries" isn't that a great name? Well you know me and my cutwork...I decided to cut out some of those butterflies to make some embellishments for a layout. Here's a peek at the 3 butterflies I'm using on this layout (omg...I did a 2 pager!)



On this butterfly I added some green "stickles" to some of the dots and then I used pink Kaiser rhinestones for the body.



Butterfly #2 is a combo of markers and some pink "Stickles".



and butterfly #3 gives you a little bit more of a peek at the layout itself. On this butterfly I used a very pale pink marker and green Kaiser pearls for the body. Sorry the background colors are not quite as bright as they should be. The layout base is actually white cardstock, but seeing that I was working with very little sunlight and I was really just trying to get some closeups of the butterflies I guess it doesn't matter for now.

I really want to get one more layout and a card done with this kit...we'll see how the time management goes.:wink:

Sorry I've been a bit MIA on the blog lately...kinda busy around here. Night practice for band concert, dance recital coming soon, scouts, & soccer. This weekend is devoted entirely to soccer. We have a tournament so we'll be driving about 1 1/2 hrs each way in the holiday traffic everyday. 2 games Saturday, 2 on Sunday (the 1st is at 8:30 am...I guess we'll be getting up bright and early) and then if we make it into the finals we'll play for the championship on Monday. Oh and besides soccer it is also Becca's birthday on Monday. Busy, busy that's what it's been lately.

2 comments:

Lisa Cole said...

seriously??? I did a rhinestone butterfly JUST LIKE THAT next to the green/pink prima flower!!!!!! :)

scrappysue said...

Oh I LOVE butterflies, but I never thought of cutting them out from pp! They came out so well. Sounds like a very busy weekend ahead, enjoy the soccer! Sue