Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Are you ready for some peeks ???

Finally found some time this week at night (it's been too nice during the day) to get started on the "Caribbean Breeze" kit over at Coordinates Collections. This is one of the June kits available for pre-order now. This kit is a little different from the usual kits at CC because it has no cardstock in the basic kit. Just loads of yummy pattern papers, 2 alphas, and some fun embellishments!

Here's my first peek...



On this layout I had loads of fun pairing bright colors with kraft & white. I really quite happy with the finished project. If you look carefully you can see some of the Jillibean Soup journaling sprouts...yes I am still in love with them (as are a few other members of the DT) I thought they were a perfect add-on since there is other JBS stuff included in the basic kit.

Now on to a peek of the second layout...



On this layout I totally challenged myself to use nothing but the pattern papers in the kit...no cardstock! Boy that was hard for me to do...I didn't realize how dependent I was on CS. You can see that I added some "Stickles" to the cut flowers and in the center is an "aqua" brad from American Crafts (the brads are available as a kit add-on this month)

So that's all I can show you for now.
Got another layout idea and some card ideas brewing; just maybe there will be more peeks this weekend.

2 comments:

scrappysue said...

Love the peeks Jen! Gulp, no cardstock, WTG! Sue

Matt said...

Great peeks! Looks like a fun kit for sure. Both peeks look very different from eachother - interesting!