Sunday, April 19, 2009

Busy, busy....

That's what I've been. The rain did go away for a couple of days anyway (apparently it will be coming back tonight or tomorrow :( ) Yesterday was B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L...just a perfect late spring day. This is what we did in the morning....



Then we came home and did stuff around the house. It was even nice enough to have lunch out on the deck. We also went out to a local wildlife/garden center....our koi were coming out of their winter hibernation and were HUNGRY, so we picked up some food for them.

Well the inspiration I'm getting from the May "Lemonade" kit over at Coordinates Collections seems to be almost unlimited. I've stayed up late the past 2 nights cranking out projects. As it stands right now I have 4 layouts, 3 cards, and 1 altered project. I'm sorry I didn't buy the cardstock addon this month. From my personal stash I added in 3 blue notecards and a piece of white, black and kraft cardstock. I think if you keep these 3 colors on hand you can really stretch any kit to the max. Talk about stretching...all but one paper in the kit and one in the pattern paper addon are double sided! ( I did pickup the pattern paper addon this month) Doulble-sided papers really do give you more bang for the buck. With all that I've created I still have plenty of pattern papers left...if only I had more free time.

Okay speaking of the pattern paper addon.... I was totally scared of this piece of paper....



...and do you know that I have almost completely used it up???? ( I am completely shocked, I only have a few small pieces left!) On my first layout I used that cool "graph type" paper (you can see in my 1st sneek I posted). Then I did another layout that uses a big piece of the front side. You never know where inspiration may lead you.

Anyway that's about it for now. I have to go jump in the shower before todays soccer games (Yes I said games...one scheduled & one makeup from a rainout a few weeks ago) The first is an away game and the second is at home. We won't be done soccer until about 6:30pm tonight.

Hope you are all having a great weekend!

3 comments:

NoraAnne said...

I can't wait to see your projects with that Sassafrass Lass paper, I love it but I'm a little bit afraid of it too :)
Stop my my blog for an award :)
www.RobinsonsNest.blogspot.com

scrappysue said...

Sounds like a perfect kinda day to me! And I agree, that paper does look scary! Looking forward to seeing what you did with it! Sue

carabecca said...

Oh, I was totally scared of that paper too! But I loved all the others, and figured I'd definitely use the blue grid side. Can't wait to see your projects!