Sunday, February 1, 2009

I'm home....

Spent all day yesterday travelling. We left beautiful sunny WARM California about 10:30 am and didn't arrive home until a little after midnight (by the time we collected our bags and drove from Philly). As much as I miss the warm CA days it was good to be home, see the kids, and sleep in my own bed. Oh and another thing I will miss...hanging with my scrapping friends from CC. So much fun meeting someone IRL and being able to hangout and chat until all hours of the night. One of the little perks that scrapping has done for me...connecting with some totally awesome people! Here's one more view of what we left behind....




Today I will be busy doing some laundry and unpacking before the Super Bowl.


So today is the 1st of the month and that means I can show you my monthly projects. I posted them all over in the gallery at Coordinates Collections, but I thought I'd show you the altered item that was in that gift box a few posts ago. I usually steer clear of altered items, but I was totally inspired by that cute "prima" stamp that was in this months kit.





This picture really doesn't do the project justice (IMO). I first used an old frame that I had on hand, sanding it lightly so the acrylic paint would stick. Then after the paint was dry I sanded agaiun to distress the edges. To the mat board I adhered a brown piece of MM Paperie paper then cut a smaller frame from the striped Bella Blvd pattern paper and adhered to the brown. On the back side of the glass I stamped the "Prima" bird with some white Stazon Ink. I then filled inthe image of the bird with some "Stickles" in various colors. While the Stickles was still wet I layed a small pink acrylic heart by Heidi Swapp to the edge of the bird. After everything was dry I assembled the frame. In the future I expect to see a beautiful picture of three little girls in this frame :wink:


That's about it for now. I do have quite a few samples of new stuff from CHA that I'd like to create with and share here on the blog, but for now I'm just going to take it easy and relax with the family.


Talk later.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

...and I love it! Thanks so much! I will get a picture in there asap.

Hugs!

liannallama said...

oh, I really love your castle picture--what a great point of view!