Saturday, February 7, 2009

Even though he saw his shadow this week...

How can you not think of spring/summer when the sun is shining, it's close to 50 degrees, the snow is melting, and you have pattern paper called "Summer Soiree" on your desk?


Well for those of you who know me, you know that I LOVE Fancy Pants and that when I saw "Summer Soiree" I was totally psyched. So out at CHA-W I managed to snag some :wink: (There may even be a possibility of it coming up in a future kit???) Today I broke it out and started to play. One of my favorite pieces in the collection is the "Wave" paper. Here's what I came up with....







I started with the piece called "Destination" as my background. Then with the help of my xacto & scissors I cut out the wave image from the "Wave" paper. From the "Title Strips" PP I cut the "Sweet Days of Summer" strip and adhered down the left of my picture. I lightly coated my wave with glue and sprinkled with some glitter from Martha Stewart Crafts. I cut out the journaling spot from the "Cards" pattern paper. The letters are "Say it Simple" chipboard letters by Fancy Pants which I painted white and then sprinkled with glitter. I also used a Fancy Pants felt flower, small tag & pin. The button is Making Memories, photo corner is American Crafts, and Kaiser rhinestones add more sparkle to my waves.


Here's a closeup of the wave covered in glitter and bling.....





I have another layout planned with some of the new Pink Paislee papers. Not sure when I'll get to that since I just got this in the mail on Wednesday....






This is the preview picture of the "Earth" kit available for preorder over at Coordinates Collections. I anticipate diving into it real soon :wink:

If you are interested I wouldn't wait to long...I hear it's almost sold out.


Hope you all are having a good weekend.

No comments: