After soccer and after we stopped at a local farmstand to pickup pumpkins we decorated for Halloween.
This is a brief glimpse of what is on my kitchen island right now. (DH doesn't like it because this is where he usually spreads out a dishtowel & lets the dishes sit to dry) During the holiday season I always try to do something "festive" on the island.
Anyway I also told you that I wanted to CREATE and I did...look at that pumpkin. Gosh I hardly ever alter anything, but while picking out pumpkins this idea popped into my mind. (Couldn't wait to come home and get started)
Here's a closer look:
First I traced the diamond shape pattern on to my pumpkin (used that awesome template from the Cafe(the one from the BacktoSchool layout)) Then using some black acrylic paint I painted all the diamonds. When they were dry I placed rhinestones between each diamond. I grabbed a bunch of black & white ribbons from my stash and tied around the stem. I outlined a small white tag with black pen then used AC Lax glitter Thickers for "boo!". I cut a bat out of black cardstock ( a front and back) coated each piece with Stickles then glued a piece of wire between the pieces. When it was dry I curled the wire around a pencil then inserted in the side of the stem. Viola...an ALTERED PUMPKIN!