Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Starting a new project

in the middle of my moving project.

Remember last winter when I raved about those Fancy Pants mixed media books??? Well I stocked up on a few and had a chance to use a piece of one in a kit over at CC in July. Do you remember the wall art I made? (It will soon be hanging in the new room :wink:) Otherwise these books have just been sitting in a basket waiting to be used.

Today was the day...



I finally broke out one to create a mini-album as a Christmas gift. This will be a summer/vacation themed album. I'll be using the remnants of the "Oceanside" kit from last June I believe. (It had some Cosmo Snorkle & Fancy Pants Summer Soiree as the main elements) I also have the Summer Soiree Notebook Journal and some other fun stuffed pulled out to use...you can see a red Jillibean "Sprout" already. I'll keep you updated with the progress, but I would like to have it done by the end of the month so I can get it mailed off in time for the holiday.

Otherwise it has been a pretty productive day. Got out this morning before the weather turned nasty and got a start on my Christmas shopping. :smile: Stopped and picked up a blind at Home Depot for the window in my room. Started sorting/organizing again which when I ran across some summer/beach themed embellishments, made me decide to stop and get to work on this gift I had planned to make.

Today is Veterans Day here in the USA I want to just take a moment to say "Thank You" to all who have served and those who are presently serving our Country. I am very grateful for your service.

No comments: