Sunday, November 1, 2009

{poor neglected blog}

Yep, I've been neglecting the blogging world lately. So many blogs that I have to catch up...sorry blogging world. As you all know life is just crazy busy sometimes and my blogging time has suffered. To catch you all up my life is just full of running kids here, there and everywhere. You want your kids to be active and social, but at times I feel like I've gotten a full-time job as chauffeur. Thank goodness for car pooling...it has truly saved me some nights. Now if I just got a phone with internet abilities...maybe I could blog while waiting to pickup kids after practices :wink:

So it is the first of the month (November...can you believe it?) and I just finished posting projects over at Coordinates Collections as well as updating some contest info on the message board.

I told you I picked up a couple bottles of Maya Mists this month and was having fun playing with them. Here are a couple of projects using the Pumpkin Pie kit and some Mists.




Really most of this card came from supplies in my stash. The idea I had when I started this card looks nothing like the finished card. Originally I was going to spray the Maya Mist as a background...using some HS acrylic butterflies as a mask for my background, then piece together a flower out of pattern paper in the kit. Well I sprayed the mist and then put it aside to dry while I worked on some other projects. When I came back to this card I had just finished using a Prima felt stem on another project and still had the peel-off backing lying on my desk. Ah Ha...that white backing looks stunning... I wish I had used it as a mask! Well I did the next best thing...I glued the backing right onto the card. With the addition of some Pink Paislee letter stickers from my stash I created a simple elegant card...all the while recycling too!

Now here's the layout I gave you a sneak of in last post:



To start I laid out some fern leaves on my cardstock and sprayed with pink Maya Mist. Layering the pink over the orangey cardstock just intensified the color and when I removed the leaves I had a nice subtle background image. Everything on this layout was included with the kit except for the small Jenni Bowlin stickers"Gettysburg" and the Jillibean Soup Journaling spot(which I inked to tone it down so it would blend into the layout). The Maya Road chipboard letters which were included with the kit were sprayed with the blue metallic Maya Mist.

Well that's all I have for now. I'm on vacation this week, no trips involved. Just staying at home...maybe doing a little shopping, working on moving more stuff into the new scrapbook room, have a layout to do for the Scrapbook Cafe(hope to do that tomorrow), maybe just enjoying being creative in my new room and quite possibly finding sometime to blog.

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

Have missed reading your blog Jen, but I know what you mean about busy kids (and mine are way less busy than yours!). Great projects too. Hope you have a relaxing and creative week!