Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Pumpkin Pie or Lemon Meringue?

No not the pies (but they are both good)...I'm talking about the November kits over at Coordinates Collections. (Love these names!) Here's a look at the kits...




The delicious "Pumpkin Pie" preview...featuring stuff from BoBunny, Little Yellow Bicycle, Maya Road and SEI to name a few.



and then this is the equally delicious "Lemon Meringue" featuring Crate Paper, Basic Grey, Maya Road and Prima I believe. It was a tough choice for me this month, but I'm going with Pumpkin Pie (it was my baby from the "1st ingredient" back in July/August) So now I'm waiting for my box and hoping to get some fun fall pictures of the Pennsylvania countryside when we are at our soccer tournament this weekend.

I was off today (actually took a little vacation time...will not be going back to work until next Tuesday...Yippee!) and Dan & I headed to Lowes while the kids were in school. Guess what I got? Yep...we picked up the cabinets, countertop, and a new ceiling fan for my room. I purchased unfinished cabinets because I decided I wanted to paint the base cabinets a taupe color(to match a stripe in my valance & it will be a nice contrast to the dark floor) I spread a tarp on the back deck this afternoon and managed to get 2 coats of paint on the cabinets.
The color of the cabinets is called "Lyndhurst Stone".



So this is what our back deck looks like right now. I may have to do a bit of lite sanding on the drawer fronts tomorrow morning, then a quick 3rd coat of paint. Hopefully by late tomorrow we may begin the installation process. (fingers crossed) My other plan for tomorrow morning is to finally head up to the Scrapbook Cafe to see all the changes & to drop off my projects.

Oh yeah and the Phillies won this afternoon...Yippee!!!!
It was a good day.

3 comments:

scrappysue said...

Both of the CC kits look fabulous; can't wait to get my Halloween kit and add ons. Your cabinets looks really nice, you are inspiring me! Only managed to paint one wall in my scrappy room so far though.

Beth said...

Yay for vacation days! And double yay for Phillies' wins. I am bummed that the game tonight only starts at 10 pm...can you say yawning tomorrow? :)

Scrapbook Cafe said...

OOOOhhhhhhhh, I can't wait to see your completed Scrap Room, I'm so jealous!!! LOL! It was great to finally meet you :)
Nora Anne