Monday, July 6, 2009

The holiday is over

We really didn't do anything special. We mainly hung out at home enjoying the pool and lovely weather here on the East Coast. We left the house on the 4th to go to the Township Fireworks display. While waiting for fireworks to start the kids had a good pickup game of soccer with friends and teammates...they played until it got dark, then we sat and enjoyed the display.

On the 5th we headed up to PA for a family picnic another fabulous day to sit outside and enjoy each others company. The kids had a great time playing with the cousins.

I did play with my camera a bit this weekend...I really want to learn to use it better. Here's a few shots I took with the camera set on aperture priority mode. (Someday I'll actually find the time to take a class :wink:)



Okay a flower...it stands still while I focus!
Love these purple flowers that grow in our koi pond.



My baby girl...I see a lot of me in this one.



The boy enjoying a freezer pop.



Playing by the pool.

Today it was back to reality, the island is packed full of people, work was crazy busy...which actually made the day go by super fast.

When I arrived home this was waiting for me....



So much goodness in this kit! Even better than I remembered from putting it together in January at CHA. ( I also got some of the new Fancy Pants Kraft Kuts paper in this box!)
Back to the kit... I already have a layout planned and a home decor item in mind(for my new scrapbook room)!

Speaking of the decorating... Becca's room is now all painted (still one final coat of trim to do), windows washed, and new carpet is ordered. We also ordered new carpet for the upstairs hall and I picked out an engineered hardwood flooring for my room.

Here's what I picked...



It's a nice dark walnut color. Hopefully it will be installed by the end of the month.

Okay now I think I'll sit back and finish watching the ball game...it's currently 16-1 Phillies (top of the 7th) Go Phils!

No comments: