Wednesday, June 18, 2008

It's wednesday night & I'm home alone...

Can you believe it? Dan's at work and the kids are spending the night with their grandmother in at the beach. (This way they can get up and go straight to the beach) It's official I now have a future 2nd grader & 5th grader...today was their last day and both brought home stellar report cards.

So what am I doing with my "free" night you might ask. Well let see...today was my early day out of work so since I had no parental responsibilites I headed straight to the Scrapbook Cafe (It had been a month since my last visit...gasp!) I picked up some stuff for 2 different DT projects and brought home some other goodies. I spent about an hour browsing and talking with Angela...how nice. (Nobody nagging me for stickers or asking if we were leaving yet) While there she mentioned the crop the end of this month and then some classes being offered in July. I know I can't do the crop, but the classes in July sound like fun. I'm actually going to try to do them.

Now that I'm home I had a quick bite to eat and printed out some pictures. One for my layout using the new Doodlebug flocked papers (a SB Cafe DT project) and then a few pictures for a layout that was immediately inspired by some of the papers from the "Sunny Days" kit over at CC. Let me tell you that box was a welcome sight on Monday when I got home. Let me tell you right now that it is just AWESOME. (If you picked this as your June selection you wont be sorry!) Moments ago while printing pictures I had another flash of inspiration for this kit...will mull it over for awhile, whilst I work on the other layouts.

So.....that brings me to a dilema. Do I go back to scrapping after I finish surfing the net or do I take the night and enjoy the new Jodi Picoult book..."Change of Heart"? (A co-worker just gave it to me today) Decisions, decisions...I know if I start the book right now I probably won't go back to scrapping until the book is finished. lol So.......

I'll let you know later how I spent this evening alone.

3 comments:

Corina said...

Oh, i just finished change of heart recently! not one of her best in my eyes, but it's one of Jodi's, so it wasn't bad! Now I'm reading the new Janet Evanovich book.. picked it up at target today! :D I have to stop by the store soon to hand in my layout... classes sound nice!

Beth said...

That's a tough choice. I really liked Change of Heart. A little longer than necessary in some parts, but I enjoyed it.

Sarah said...

Hope you had a nice, relaxing evening! :)