Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I was not alone

in not getting the Saturday Night Challenge complete this week. Pat posted an update on her blog that quite a few of us had come up short on time; so it was extended. (Yay!) After reading this I headed up to the scraproom and finished mine up. It's not exactly as I pictured, but I think it makes a pretty nifty gift bag.





What was best about this one...no template. I just wrapped a sheet of pattern paper into a cone shape and ran glue down the seam. Trimmed off the top (actually I slighly squished my cone and slid it into my paper trimmer & sliced off the top), punched a hole in either side, and threaded ribbon through the holes. Viola! a basic cone shaped bag...how easy-peasy could that be? I stamped the birthday sentiment on plain white cardstock, using Colorbox "Moss Green", then trimmed into the oval shape. To jazz this up a bit I applied dots of green "Stickles" around the edge. I then mounted this on to another piece of pattern paper trimmed into the "label holder" shape. To embellish I added a Prima flower with a Basic Grey Glazed brad in the center.
The brad and pattern paper are from Basic Grey's "Sultry" line available now at the Scrapbook Cafe. So that's it challenge complete....finally!

On other news... I had snapped a few pictures with my point and shoot on the way to work. (Since I remembered I had it in the bag I was carrying) Some of the streets were still flooded 12+ hours after the storm and I thought I'd share. Plus I still had pictures to download from the Mother's Day Dance program and still some Disney pictures to get downloaded and properly filed away. So off I went to get some pics to share with you tonight. Where are they you might ask??? Well my point and shoot requires an adapter for the memory stick...guess what I can't find??? Grrrrrrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea!!