Saturday, December 19, 2009

Snow Bound Saturday



This is the view from the front door about 8am this morning at that time we had about 3 inches.



It didn't take long for the boy to decided he needed to be out in the snow. Here I caught him throwing a snowball...just waiting for someone to come out and join him.

My plan for today was my annual cookie baking with a close friend and our daughters. Drinking my morning coffee and listening to the forecast I knew I'd be on my own baking today. I did manage to bake 4 different kinds of cookies and add that to the 2 varieties I baked during the week, I'd say I got enough for some cookie trays to give away. Here's a picture of some cookies that I made from a new recipe I found this year....


Coconut Lime Shortbread cookies. MMMM, the smell was heavenly when grating the lime peel. This is a shot of them right after I spooned the lime glaze over them...they were draining over the sink(love easy clean up :wink:)

So after I heated up soup for the family as todays lunch du jour, I headed of to my scrappy space. Last weekend I mentioned that I printed out some pictures to scrap. Well I got as far as choosing the pattern papers and cutting a few pieces to size...then it sat all week! Band concerts and other holiday activities interfered.



Due to the weather conditions I had a hard time getting a good picture of the layout.(sorry) Used some Pink Paislee stuff on this...mostly stuff from the Mistletoe Collection, but there is a small piece of paper from the "Vintage Moon" collection too (remember that cool blue & silver pattern?). A few clear Prima crystal swirls, a chipboard piece from the "Enchanted Collection", some ribbon from my stash and Pink Paislee Expressions chipboard letters & whimsy stickers.

After finishing this off I cleaned up my table and I'm already to get started on my January DT projects for Coordinates Collections. My kit came in yesterdays mail...perfect timing!

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

Oh what beautiful snow Jen! And I can just smell those cookies baking, yum!