Sunday, December 13, 2009

Finally...

...it's beginning to feel like Christmas at our house. Got all the decorations up and most all of my shopping complete. Whew!

Yesterday the "big" cut tree in the family room went up...completing the decorations.



Yes it's big....close to 9ft. I had to trim a bit off the top to get the angel to set properly. So many fun ornaments on this tree. Handmade stuff by the kids, a picture of Becca from each year at dance(these are so fun to look at...seeing her change), ornaments from my childhood, some old glass ornaments from my grandmother and even a few from my great grandmother's home. Lots and lots of memories.

While out shopping this week I found some cool glass candy canes at Pier 1. These suckers are big (and they even had some bigger). I decided they would be cool placed in a clear glass vase/ container in the kitchen.



So here's what I have on one end of the kitchen island.
(The brushes used on both of these photos are by Ali Edwards...purchased @ Designer Digitals)

Taking a break from the holiday madness and just printed out some pictures from the "Tree Lighting Ceremony" that Becca danced in earlier this month. Hoping to find time to scrap them soon. Stay tuned.

2 comments:

Lisa Cole said...

your tree is beautiful! I love handmade ornaments too :) Those candy canes are so cute in your container - I might have to copy you :)

Beth said...

The tree is perfect. I love the mix of ornaments; when everything is too matchy matchy or all one color it just doesn't seem right. We have yet to put our tree up or decorate at all - not my favorite thing to do at this time of year. Thanks for putting me in the holiday spirit!