Sunday, September 6, 2009

{Trick or Treat (a month early) }

I got some fun papers and embellishments from the Pink Paislee "Twilight" collection from the Scrapbook Cafe to work with last week. (So happy that new owners were found and I could stay on designing for them)

Here's my first layout:



Besides the fun Pink Paislee products they also sent me some silk leaves and some bat diecuts. To these products I added some kraft cardstock and some Pink Paislee chipboard letters from the "Fetching" collection. I borrowed the picture from a friend...it is a picture of her daughter standing in a graveyard in Gettysburg, PA. When I first saw this picture a few years ago I knew I had to eventually scrap it. (I scanned her original and converted it to black & white.) The PP diecut and the bat are both mounted with layers of foam tape to add dimension to the layout.

My next layout....



We are on a witch trend for Halloween...last year was the 2nd year in a row and there is talk that we are revisiting the witch costume again this year (with a few updates :wink:) So on this layout I traced a bracket shape on to a piece of the pattern paper and cut out...giving me a fun mat/background for my picture. (The picture is a collage of wallet size prints I made with photoshop.) I pleated and fringed some of the other pattern papers to tuck under the edges of my picture. From my stash I added some Prima flowers (with PP Bella Brads for centers), some Kaiser rhinestones, and American Crafts Thickers.

So there you have it an early Halloween. I usually have a hard time scrapping Halloween pictures (so I usually don't take that many), but these Pink Paislee papers made it really fun and easy.

The only hard part was I carried everything downstairs to scrap in the kitchen since my space is such a disaster area. (Running up and down the steps a few times, when I decided I needed another tool or supply...good thing I know where everything is in the disaster zone!)

I hope you are enjoying your weekend...only one more day of summer vacation left for my kids!

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

Great pages Jen; that B&W photo is so spooky! Totally love the bracket shape. Hope your return to school goes well. Sues