Saturday, September 5, 2009

Let's get caught up...

So sorry I haven't posted in over a week. Well it is a new month so let's start with my favorite project from this months "Beach Bum" kit over at Coordinates Collections.



I love how this one turned out. The diecut paper is from Crate Paper "Little Sprout" collection and was available in the pattern paper addon also from the monthly addons are the Mango Luau flowers by BoBunny. The brown thickers were from my stash. This was such a fun vibrant kit to work with...I loved it!

Okay speaking of addons...I just picked up a lot of fun stuff to ship with my kit. Some Jenni Bowlin stuff, BG Indian Summer stuff including those adorable "woolies", and Jillibean number and calendar "sprouts" ....picked up some other stuff too but I can't remember at the moment.

I promised you a picture of the wall art too, didn't I?



It's a bit hard to see the mirrors & gems, but you get the idea. I think it turned out pretty good.

So then I moved on to my scraproom. I have now painted the room. It's a shade of green that turned out a bit darker than I wanted, but I think it will look pretty good when the room is completed. I do not have a fun name to tell you, since the color was a custom blend from a piece of fabric that is my inspiration. Now I am waiting for Dan to install the hardwood flooring. (He's been on night work since his return from vacation) Hopefully next week he can start...especially now that the kids will be back in school he will have days during the week to himself. After the floor is in I will get a picture to give you an idea of the space.

While I'm waiting for the flooring to be installed I have been contemplating how to set up my room and what kind of storage. I've pretty much decided on the base cabinets that I want to get, then I must pick a countertop. I'm unsure for what to do above the counter. Maybe a few floating shelves for display and possibly some cubes stacked for paper storage. Still trying to work it all out in my head.

I have 2 projects I just did with the Pink Paislee "Twilight" line for the Scrapbook Cafe. Hopefully tomorrow I can get pictures of them so I can share with you.

3 comments:

scrappysue said...

Jen, I love to see your LO's they are always stunning (you ought to publish a book you know!). And the wall art looks fab; what a gorgeous shade of pink your DD's wall is too. Bet she was thrilled. Good luck with the scrappy room; my walls are still as they were when we moved in! Sue

Sarah said...

I love how the canvases came out! I'm trying to think of something to do for the girls, possibly with canvas, paper, and maybe some letters....

Beth said...

Ooohh...I can't wait to see your new scrap room! How exciting for you! Becca's wall art looks terrific.