Saturday, September 26, 2009

Finally...it arrived

Due to a little shipping snaffu with some of the brand spankin' new products in the October kits, the Design Team received the kits a little later than normal. Yesterday I got a big box of stuff in the mail from Jamie. Along with my kit I got some new American Crafts Modern albums & page protectors( now maybe I'll get around to putting some layouts away :wink:), the cardstock addon for the "Enchanted" kit (I just had to see that glazed Bazzill upclose in person...it is so beautiful!!!), some Bg woolies & stickers from the Indian Summer line, more Kaiser pearls, and Jillibean Soup number & calendar sprouts. I know I've forgotten something but you get the idea...it was a little mini christmas for me :)!!!

So since I'm short for time I spilled everything out on the table and started brainstorming. This morning I put the finishing touches on the first layout. Here's a little peek for you...



I wanted to show you what I did with some of those Kaiser pearls that I bought, so here's a view from the side. Included in my kit was a chipboard "leaf spray" from the Basic Grey Indian Summer chip elements. I added some of the Kaiser pearls in "blush" to some of the dots/berries on the spray. I think this gives the spray a little added dimension plus adds a bit of bling to the page.

Getting ready to head out to an early afternoon soccer game for Becca. I would like to stop and pickup some Mums on the way home and then spend a bit of time outside doing a little yardwork. Then tonight I will scrap some more.

Tomorrow after church we have to head up to Cherry Hill for Fritz's game. I hoping to stop at the Container Store either before the game or after to look at some shelving for the new scraproom. Then we are definietly heading to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner before heading home.

The flooring is almost complete in the room....ran into a little snaffu with that this week aka a kidney stone (not me, DH suffers from them). Hopefully by the end of this week I'll be able to post a picture of the room painted & with the new floor.

That's all from my crazy world right now...talk later!

2 comments:

scrappysue said...

Sounds like another busy weekend Jen, hope it was a fun one! Looking forward to seeing your scrappy room piccies! Sue

Sarah said...

I can't wait for that kit! And thanks for reminding me about mums - I want to get some this year!