Monday, June 1, 2009

June reveal

Can you believe it's June 1st already???

Well the 1st of the month is always reveal day over at Coordinates Collections. I've uploaded my projects to my gallery, posted the monthly contest info & GDT info on the message board, and of course I shopped to pick up some addons for the July kit that is headed my way this week.

So here's a couple of this months projects (the rest are over in the CC gallery)

This one is my favorite...



I love the bright colors paired with the kraft & white. I loved the big dark circles on the pattern paper by Jillibean Soup, but it was just a bit much on the whole layout. Instead I opted for a small strip cut to hold my title and then cut out 3 of the circles, trimmed the paper down and flipped it over to use the solid reverse side. I glued the cut circles down in the bottom left; added a piece of American Crafts pattern paper that cut a scallop edge; an American Crafts "teen" remarks journaling sticker was cut out to make a frame for my picture, some journaling "sprouts" of course :wink:, AC chipboard pieces, and some white penwork.

Now here's my 2 page spread....



This is the layout I used those cut embellished butterflies on as accents.

Then one more...



I have an old box of pictures that my Dad gave to me a few years ago and every once in a while I dip into that when I'm scrapping. These are pictures of me doing the May Pole dance in 3rd grade. The school I attended always had a May Fair the 1st weekend in May and the 3rd grade girls always performed this dance.

Side note...still working on the painting, have trim still to do. Hopefully I can get Fritz moved into his new room on Sunday.

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

Love the LO's Jen, especially the fairy one (I feel a scraplift coming on!). Sue