Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de Mayo

It's the 5th of May which means quite a bit or absolutely nothing depending on your views. If you are a scrapper today is the day we (the DT) reveal our projects over at Coordinates Collections, if you celebrate Mexican holidays or live in the US you may celebrate Cinco de Mayo, or if you belong to my family you can celebrate ME!

We had coffee and danish at work today(after a co-worker called Dan and made him deliver it to our office) Then these arrived for me a few hours later....



Tonight for dinner we will be having tacos and maybe some good Mexican beer ( I am not a big tequila fan) to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

Now most of you come to my blog for the scrapping inspiration so I will not disappoint. Here are a few of my projects from this months "Fancy" kit....

All the papers on this layout are from the kit as well as the "Elements Stickers" from the Fancy Pants Roadshow collection. From the addons I used the Fancy Pants alpha stickers and the Pink Paislee Chipboard letters. I made the banner from some Pink Paislee Artisan Tape, twine and PP whimsie alpha stickers. The white flowers were stamped(Hero Arts) and I added a Jenni Bowlin butterfly.

Next I made this 2pager using pictures from our wedding (almost 17 years ago...wholy cow!). It was totally inspired by the saying in the Fancy Pants "strips" paper. The quote from I Corinthians was read in one of the lessons that day.

That Webster's Pages paper with the "est." oval was perfect for stamping the date! Like I said in a previous post of been trying to use my stash so I added a bunch of Prima flowers from my stash & a few of their rhinstone swirls. Also mixed in a few Kaiser Pearls too. I misted the cardstock with the turquoise mist giving it a bit of shimmer and it also blended with the gold to look a bit green which was perfect since my bridesmaids all wore dark green velvet dresses.

The altered mini-canvas was used as my title, here's a closeup...

Like I said before it's a combination of the turquoise glimmer mist, watercolor paints and a black sharpie pen.

You can see the rest of my projects and more from the DT here

Okay, I guess I've covered all the bases.
I hope you all have enjoyed today...the 5th of May.

1 comment:

scrappysue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JEN! Hope you have a wonderful day. Your projects are simply stunning; I think my fav is your wedding spread, really makes me want to scraplift (and my wedding was 23 years ago and not a single part has been scrapped yet, agghhh!!).