Sunday, August 28, 2011

It's been almost 5 months....

...but I finally sat down and scrapped today.

First, yes we survived the hurricane, didn't even lose power. But as the sun started to come out this afternoon the winds really began to kick up. Next thing I knew I heard a crack and looked out the window...we lost a tree!

There it is snapped off about 12ft in the air, over the neighbors fence and blocking their driveway. Ironically they are one of the few people on my street that did evacuate for the storm and had just returned home. The tree just missed their car, they hadn't parked in their garage yet. So Dan helped trim off some branches so they can drive under and has called someone for an estimate on having it removed.

So now on to the scrappyness...

I think I forgot to show you my February PCC page...

It's a combo of papers from the Simple Stories "Life Documented" line & Bo Bunny "Olivia. Just a bunch of little pictures and a page of journaling.

Today I made my March PCC page...

Simple Stories "Life Documented" papers, some BasicGrey "olivia" letter stickers & labelsm and I also pulled out some rubons from CI Creative Cafe line. (Trying to use some stash up)

Then I made this layout...


I love my "Retro Camera" app on my phone and I wanted to print out some of the pictures I took with it. Used some more old stuff on this one. Pattern papers from Basic Grey (ledger & scraps of solid distressed blues) The houndstooth paper is from Pink Paislee "Bayberry Cove" and the blue sticker border is from PP "fetching". Raw chipboard Thickers that I misted with "denim" Glimmer Mist" Played around with the journaling position for over an hour I think...not sure I'm pleased with it, but it's done.

It felt good today, I wrote out ideas for all my other PCC pages up to an including August. Just need to start gathering/printing all the pictures.

Now I got to get dinner on the grill...

2 comments:

adele holcomb said...

I love the style you've been using for your PCC's and these look great. The journaling is perfect on your LO -- it's simple and clean and I love the whole thing!

So glad the storm business is over and the tree is the worst damage you had.

scrappysue said...

So glad everything is well (apart from the tree) and congrats on scrapping again (wish I could say that same about me, LOL!). Love the retro photos and the LO's are great! x