Friday, August 26, 2011

First an earthquake & now a hurricane....

What a crazy week! Having never experienced much more than a minor tremor Tuesday's quake was something else. Working on the 3rd floor of a very old building we were really moving! Just about everyone in the building thought it was coming down around us!

Now tomorrow we expect Irene to hit. After much debate we decided that the kids and I will stay put here at home. Got lots of non-perishable food items, batteries, camp lanterns and candles. I have moved my car to a "tree free" zone. We have had one car totaled in our driveway and on another occasion one damaged by a falling tree branch. Over the years we have thinned our trees on our property, but not taking any chances, especially since I just purchased it in April. Dan is being recalled to work, so his vehicle will be where ever he's getting picked up to be hauled onto the island.

So other than that we've been busy the last several weekends. A weekend in Philadelphia, got to meet up with Beth at a Phillies game, a soccer tournament and got to visit with my brother who was back east visiting from Montana.

No scrapping has been done yet but I am ready.

3 comments:

scrappysue said...

oh my gosh Jen; what a time you are having. Keep safe; will be thinking of you. How fun that you and Beth met! x

Lisa Cole said...

stay safe Jen, will be thinking of you this weekend - hugs

adele holcomb said...

I didn't know you experienced some of the earthquake too. You are getting a lifetime of weather in one week! Maybe you can get some scrapping done as long as you have daylight or electricity (what would a candlelight project look like?) I'll be thinking about you and hope your storm is a big fizzle!