Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The 3 S's...

Sick, sad,soccer...not necessarily in that order. I guess you could just reverse it. Soccer...yes 2x's a week and then a game every weekend and MLS started last weekend with the home opener at PPL Park. (So happy we renewed our season tickets!)

Sad...due to family issues Jamie is closing Coordinates Collections. This has been such a big part of my life for over 5 years. I started out lurking almost from the beginning, then became a member/subscriber and then since 2006 I have been on the Design Team. Yes it has been a great site allowing me to share my creativity, but it has also been a great source of friendships. Even though many of us have never met...everyone is SO supportive and friendly. I will truly miss CC. Believe me the thought even slipped into my mind that maybe I could buy it from Jamie and continue on with CC...I don't have the time (to keep running CC at the same high rate of service) or probably the money either. On this note my blog will probably get busier...I will have to share projects...(can't leave you hanging with PCC...luv'n this project!)

Sick...came down with the ghastly stomach flu last weekend right after we got home from the Union game Saturday night! Thoroughly disgusting...I will not go in to details. Didn't surface until Monday when I immediately started disinfecting everything. Knock wood...nobody else in the house has come down with it. Hopefully it will stay that way.

Working on projects with the last CC kit this week :(

So that's where I've been and where I'm heading...

4 comments:

adele holcomb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
adele holcomb said...

Yikes! The only way to correct a typo is to delete the entire message! I just wanted to say that you are one among a whole lot of sad faces with CC closing. It has truly been special to me -- great kits, great friends, well, I don't have to tell you. Hope we can find a place to continue to communicate and share. I love your beautiful work and look forward to seeing it here! Glad you are over the flu!

scrappysue said...

Hi Jen, I was worried I had accidentally deleted you from my Google Reader, glad I hadn't! So sorry to hear that you have been sick and what bad news too about CC. I just received an order from there, I still have very happy memories from when I participated regularly. I was going to include a blog post about them too. Oh I do hope someone does buy the business!

Beth said...

I was sad to hear about CC closing, too. Great memories from the time spent there. Great friends made!

Sorry you were sick - I (knock on wood) have avoided the puking gross flu, but I have a mother of a sinus infection right now. Hope you're back to your usual self in no time!

Opening day tomorrow, Jen! Go Phils!